A Photo History

Main Street Millerton, New York


April 2012


Millerton Rail Road Station


April 2012


Iron Blast Furnace


Brick Block Hotel


The Finch Building


Then and Now


from the town historic archives


* Maltby's Iron Furnace- courtesy of North East Historical Society Archives. Iron ore from neighboring mines was processed here. The furnace was located south of Rudd Pond. This historic image of Maltby's Furnace was chosen for the Town of North East logo.


* Courtesy North East Historical Society archives, Sitzer's Home Hotel and Dutchess Auto & Supply Co., Millerton NY Looking west on Millerton's Main Street at the junction of Rt 22. Note Sitzer's Home Hotel, now the site of the Village Pine Tree on Rt 22.


*The Irondale Schoolhouse, located on Rt 22 north of the village. Recently purchased by Friends of the Irondale Schoolhouse. A new cedar roof and exterior paint job is planned, prior to moving the building to Millerton's Main Street Historic District. Soon to be the new Visitors' Center on the Harlem Valley RailTrail across from the gazebo.


For an in depth history of the Town of Northeast view…


from History of Dutchess County, New York, by James H. Smith 1882